The Department of Health has engaged NPS MedicineWise to deliver this free webinar for nurses, GPs, pharmacists and other aged care workers.
The webinar will cover:
- using a person-centred approach in the management of changed behaviours
- working as part of a multidisciplinary team to implement non-pharmacological strategies
- overcoming barriers.
A multidisciplinary panel will discuss a case study and provide their collective perspectives on how they work together and collaborate with families and people living with dementia. Panel members include:
- Professor Henry Brodaty, Director, Dementia Centre for Research Collaboration
- Theresa Flavin, person currently living with dementia
- Ellie Newman, physiotherapist and Director UWA, Dementia Training Australia
- Dr Allan Shell, GP and senior educator for the Timely Diagnosis project
- Dr Andrew Stafford, academic and accredited pharmacist
- Perri Waddell, registered nurse
- Kara Joyce, NPS MedicineWise facilitator
This webinar is part of a broader education program designed to improve dementia care.
Webinar title: Dementia – Caring for People with Changed behaviours
A multidisciplinary approach to caring for people with changed behaviours.
|Date and times||Thursday, 29 October 2020|
|State and territory||Start: Finish|
|ACT, NSW, VIC & TAS||3:00pm to 4:15pm (AEDT)|
|QLD||2:00pm to 3:15pm (AEST)|
|SA||2:30pm to 3:45pm (ACDT)|
|NT||1:30pm to 2:45pm (ACST)|
|WA||12:00pm to 1:15pm (AWST)|