Media Release: 19 MAy 2021
Support for Aged Care Workers in COVID-19 (SACWIC) Grant funding is available to providers for out of pocket costs incurred for hotspot activity periods. SACWIC reimburses out of pocket costs incurred by the provider as a result of covering employee wages under single site arrangements, leave costs related to self-isolation or quarantine requirements and additional employee training costs.
Providers are able to apply for SACWIC funding via Grant Connect for the following hotspots/high risk areas until 30 June 2021:
- Greater Melbourne: 15 July 2020 – 30 November 2020 and 13 February 2021 to 17 February 2021
- Mitchell Shire: 15 July 2020 – 30 November 2020
- Suburbs of Brighton, Doveton, Glen Waverley, McKinnon, Moorabbin and Mordialloc: 31 December
- Local Government Areas of Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redland and Logan: 8 January 2021 – 22 January 2021 and 30 March 2021 to 13 April 2021
- New South Wales
- Local Government Area of the Northern Beaches: 18 December 2020 – 29 January 2021
The SACWIC grant opportunity will be extended until 31 December 2021 to ensure single site arrangements can be implemented in any future hotspots.
For guidance on practical implementation of single site arrangements and the available funding support, providers can visit the Guiding Principles Support Hub website or phone the hotline on 1800 491 793.
Department of Health