Register today to join the free Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN) webinar to learn about the consent process for the COVID-19 vaccination and how to facilitate supported decision making.
The live webinar and Q&A will cover:
- what is informed consent and how to give it
- supported decision making about COVID-19 immunisation
- residential aged care vaccination preparations
- the role of medical power of attorney and enduring guardians.
OPAN is bringing together a panel of aged care experts including:
- Geoff Rowe, CEO Aged and Disability Advocacy Australia
- Theresa Flavin, OPAN National Older Persons Reference Group member
- Dr Melanie Wroth, Chief Clinical Advisor, Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
- Vanda Iaconese, CEO Doutta Galla Aged Services.
Residential aged care facilities are encouraged to screen the webinar in communal spaces for residents.
|Webinar title||OPAN webinar-COVID-19 Vaccine Informed Consent|
|Date and time||Tuesday 23 February||Start : Finish|
|State and territory||ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS||11:30am to 12:30pm AEDT|
|QLD||10:30am to 11:30am AEST|
|SA||11:00am to 12:00noon ACDT|
|NT||10:00am to 11:00am ACST|
|WA||8:30am to 9:30am AWST|
Department of Health