Press Release: 15 April 2021
This newsletter provides important information on matters affecting the aged care sector, including aged care initiatives, programs and processes. We encourage you to share this newsletter with your colleagues and workforce, particularly your communications teams, and encourage them to subscribe for future updates.
In addition to the newsletter, we also send announcements which provide short snippets of targeted information and are sent as required. To help ensure you haven’t missed any important information from us, we’ve added links to recent announcements including all COVID-19 updates.
In this issue:
- Updates to My Aged Care
- New e-Referral information webpage launched
- Register now for Federal Budget information
Announcements since the last newsletter:
- My Aged Care Provider Portal – SIRS access issue
- Registrations open: National LGBTIQ+ Ageing and Aged Care Conference
The department has also distributed these ‘Protecting Older Australians’ and ‘COVID-19 vaccine’ updates:
- Protecting Older Australians: COVID-19 update 1 April 2021
- Protecting Older Australians: COVID-19 update 9 April 2021
Updates to My Aged Care
Improvements to the Make a Referral tool
It is now easier for health and aged care professionals to refer people for an aged care assessment. We have updated the Make a Referral tool on My Aged Care to:
- remove the need for users to re-enter their contact information for each new referral
- extend the time-out to 60 minutes, so information isn’t lost to inactivity.
Submitting referrals into My Aged Care is quicker, easier and more secure through online channels. They include:
- Make a Referral form (for health and aged care professionals)
- GP e-Referrals (for GPs)
- Apply for an assessment online form (for family, friends or individuals).
New online features
Some new features on My Aged Care will make it easier for senior Australians to find the information they need. We encourage you to invite your patients and clients to try them:
- Clients and representatives no longer need to phone My Aged Care to activate their Online Account. By confirming their identity in myGov, they can now access their own record.
- Clients and representatives are now able to specify that documents uploaded to the My Aged Care Online Account are for an assessor or a provider. These will be available to view immediately on their My Aged Care record, without processing delays. Detailed information on the new process is available in the Online Account Guide for Documents.
- A new video on how clients and representatives can access and use their Online Account is now available on the My Aged Care website.
- We have also updated the Fee Estimator tool on the My Aged Care website. It is now easier for consumers to understand what their level of contribution would be.
New e-Referral information webpage launched
A new webpage about the My Aged Care GP e-Referral solution is now live on the HealthLink website.
The webpage makes it easier for GPs and practice staff to find information about e-Referrals and understand the process, including:
- how the e-Referral solution works and its key benefits
- User guides for each of the practice management software compatible with the e-Referral solution: Best Practice, MedicalDirector, and Genie Solutions (Medtech Evolution coming soon).
The department will continue to update the webpage in collaboration with HealthLink in response to feedback and ongoing enhancements.
For more information, support and feedback:
contact HealthLink by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1800 125 036 for support or to find out how you can enable access
provide feedback on the e-Referral form by emailing email@example.com
Register now for Federal Budget information
You can now register to receive information from the Department of Health about the 2021‑22 Federal Budget via our subscription link. We encourage you to share this link with colleagues within your organisation who may find this information useful. Details of the department’s information webinar and ePack will be shared through the mailing list in coming weeks.
Applications closing – Business Improvement Fund grants for residential aged care
Grant opportunities for the Business Improvement Fund for residential aged care close on 30 April 2021.
Providers can apply for one of the following streams of funding:
- Business Improvement (refer to Frequently Asked Questions for BAS requirements on the GrantConnect website)
- Sale of a Facility.
- Closure of a Facility.
For more information and to submit your application form:
- refer to Grant Opportunity GO3410 on the GrantConnect website or
- email queries to the Business Improvement Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted via GrantConnect by 2:00pm AEST on 30 April 2021.
My Aged Care provider portal now closed for CHSP grandfathered client data collection
The My Aged Care provider portal for Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) providers to submit grandfathered client information has now closed. The department would like to thank providers who submitted data for this project.
It is expected that client records will become available in the coming months, following the next My Aged Care system enhancements.
We’ve got plenty more information on all things retirement and aged care here at Aged Care Weekly. Have a browse or sign up for our newsletter.